A message from the Registrar
Congratulations! You have worked hard to reach this point. As you prepare to receive your degree, please keep these things in mind:
- Check WebSIS to make sure that there are no outstanding grades, obligations, or financial charges that would prevent you from receiving your degree. Remember, you are responsible for closing any loops.
- Doctoral candidates: please note that you will receive your diploma and your hood in Killian Court on Thursday, June 6. This is a new venue and new date of degree conferral for 2019—be sure to convey to your guests that the Doctoral Ceremony is your primary graduation event. The Registrar’s Office will be in touch with more information.
- Only students being awarded a degree may participate in the graduation ceremonies. While the Registrar’s Office will not contact students who are cleared to graduate, we will contact those on the degree list who are not cleared after the degree candidates meeting.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a letter of invitation for family members who need a visa to visit the United States to attend the graduation ceremonies.
- Information about reporting time and stations for the graduation ceremonies will be posted in this site and emailed to you in the weeks prior to the events.
- All graduating students are eligible to receive a digital diploma at no cost. Download the Blockcerts Wallet app on your mobile device before June to ensure that you receive your digital diploma as soon as it is available.
- Be sure to fill out the Graduating Student Survey (from email@example.com) or the MIT Doctoral Student Exit Survey (from firstname.lastname@example.org).
- More information, including key dates and deadlines, is available on our website. Please contact us if you have further questions.
The entire Registrar’s Office staff looks forward to seeing you on stage.
Mary R. Callahan
Senior Associate Dean and Registrar