A message from the Registrar
Congratulations! You have worked hard to reach this point, your graduation from MIT. As you prepare to receive your degree, please keep these things in mind:
- All degree candidates should check WebSIS to make certain that there are no outstanding grades or financial charges that would prevent your degree from being awarded. For undergraduate students, all Incomplete Grades must be completed, and those students expecting transfer credit or AP credit must make sure all the proper documents have been received. You are responsible for closing these loops. Only those students being awarded a degree will be permitted to march in the procession and participate in the Commencement Exercises.
- While the Registrar’s Office will not contact students who are cleared to graduate, we will contact students on the degree list who are not cleared.
- On Commencement Day, all degree recipients must report to their station numbers according to reporting time. Please download and read this PDF of important information regarding the when, where, and how of reporting for Commencement. Doctoral candidates will receive similar instructions regarding the Investiture of Doctoral Hoods the week before the ceremony.
- If your family needs a letter of invitation to acquire a visa so they may visit the United States to attend Commencement, please send an email to email@example.com.
- Please be sure to fill out your Graduating Student Survey (from firstname.lastname@example.org) or the MIT Doctoral Student Exit Survey (from email@example.com). If you need a link to fill out the survey, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- More information, including deadlines, is available on the Graduating Students’ website. Please contact us if you have further questions.
The entire Registrar’s Office staff looks forward to seeing you on stage at Commencement.
Mary R. Callahan
Registrar and Senior Associate Dean