Commencement 2023 is scheduled for June 1 and June 2 of next year. More information will be provided as the schedule and venues are confirmed.
You have worked hard to reach this point. As you prepare to receive your degree, please keep these things in mind:
- Review the spring degree dates and deadlines on the Registrar’s website.
- Check WebSIS to make sure that you have no outstanding grades, obligations, or financial charges that would prevent you from receiving your degree. Remember, you are responsible for closing any loops.
- Please submit your Commencement RSVP by visiting degreeapp.mit.edu as soon as possible. Note that the Registrar’s Office will contact those on the degree list who are not cleared to graduate after the degree candidates meeting.
- Only students being awarded degrees in Sept. 2022, Feb. 2023 or May 2023 can participate in graduation.
- All graduating students are eligible to receive a digital diploma at no cost. Download the Blockcerts Wallet app on your mobile device as soon as possible to ensure that you receive your digital diploma as soon as it is available.
- Be sure to fill out the Graduating Student Survey from firstname.lastname@example.org or the MIT Doctoral Student Exit Survey from email@example.com.